Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Where'd the road go????

The first rule about backing up in Costa Rica.....DON'T!

The other side is in the exact same predicament. Both rear wheels completely in the ditch. Oops! <:-0

Talking away to brothers in the back seat when I saw the sisters up the road we'd just passed. Wanting to dutifully check on them, I put the car in reverse and found a mountain and a ditch at the very same time. BOOM! And that was all she wrote.

My 4x4 wasn't working, so I couldn't begin to pull myself out of this mess. Fortunately it was a "gira" (preaching tour) so there were lot's of brothers and a couple of other 4x4's available. A couple of brothers went knocking on doors and eventually found a tow line that was half rotten as well as broken and tied together several times. With the help of another 4x4 pulling and 6 more guys pushing, I got out. Whew! I've been stuck so many times now I'm beginning to lose count. Been dug out, pulled out by a tractor and towed out by at least 2 other 4x4's. What an adventure!Posted by Picasa

No comments: