Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Thief in the Night...Busted!

Keep on the watch for you do not know at what hour he's coming! Your looking at our back door to our little house. (The back deck was never finished, leaving a 3ft. drop out the back door. We had been mysterously missing kitchen utensils (Butcher knife one day, a glass lid to a frying pan a few days later, etc...) We had guests staying and thought they had accidently thrown them away. A week or so later, I fell asleep on the living room couch only to wake up at about 2:30 a.m. I heard strangely faint noises in the kitchen which was seperated from the living room by a breakfeast bar. I lifted my head in time to see one of Esther's cutting boards floating through the security bars on the window. Then I saw a man's head appear and realized what was happening. I yelled HEY! deeply and loudly to scare him. It worked. I yelled, hey, he reacted with a frightened "OY!!!"
I ran to the back window to see him running away. Notice he had everything nicely arranged...The ladder he brought, the piece of wood he borrowed from a nearby junk pile and set it up against the wall so he didn't have to descend the ladder each time he grabbed an item. Very ingenious! In his fright, he drop the second cutting board (you see it on the ground) and left the tools of the trade. I dispatched the ladder with a machete the next morning after taking this photo and had the landlord remove the junk. No problems since.



Posted by Picasa

No comments: