Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sportsfishing at its finest!

I caught a fish this BIG! Costa Rica is popular among other things for its Sportfishing. However, these guys have taken it to a whole new level. Read on...

These youngsters caught my eye as I was waiting for Esther to finish an R.V. one morning. They kept throwing something under the little drainage ditch/tiny creek. So my curiousity got the best of me as I went down to check out what was happening. Turns out they were digging up worms, baiting the tiny hooks any throwing the lines under the road into what amounted to not much more than miniature fishing hole. They all caught what I'll call "kitty-fish;" because as any professional fisherman can see, they're too small to be called full-grown "cat-fish." (Spanish: "Barbo" also meaning: whiskers or beard) I was thorougly impressed. Although I can't begin to imagine them finding a microscope to begin the cleaning & gutting process...Posted by Picasa

No comments: